Sunday, July 8, 2012

An Easy $20 Bucks!


Accountability.  Bottom line is that ultimately accountability is between you and yourself.  You can have accountability partners, trainers, coaches, etc., but only YOU know what you do and don't do during the entire 24 hours of any given day.

However, asking others to help you be accountable is not a bad thing.  If it helps you to think twice when you're contemplating cheating, then by all means, up the accountability.  And that's exactly what I did last week!

I posted on my Facebook Downsizing page that I have a $20 bill over my sun visor.  IF anyone catches me in line at McDonalds or Burger King, then the $20 will be handed over!  Why such a drastic thing?  I can do well for a few times and only order a salad and water, but then comes a time of wanting to try whatever the newest sandwich is.  As I wait forever in line, it gives me plenty of time to discover that McDonald's now has dipped top ice cream cones and Burger King has pulled pork sandwiches.  Why subject myself to pictures that make me drool for food that I'm trying to avoid?

So how did I do last week?  Absolutely fine!!!  Only once did I think about driving through and getting a salad to take to the jail, but the thought of someone busting me made me decide on making my own salad which was the original plan anyway.

This week I'm adding Subway to the spy list.  Subway does offer a few healthy choices, BUT Subway also has a meatball sub, chocolate chip cookies and cola--my favorite Subway meal.  I'm avoiding going there as I continue to lose weight.

So...if you see a black JOURNEY car at any one of these three places, feel free to bust me!!!

Just curious...what is your weakness in regards to eating healthy?

~ Barb
Journaling along on the road to fitness

2 comments: